Monday, July 9, 2007

4th of July






On the 4th of July, Jer decided to do some yard work and brought the backhoe home. Brody had a great time helping dad drive and haul trash to the dumpster. He was pressing buttons and trying to steer. It was a blast to watch him play in it. He has already learned the truck sounds and sits there and pushes his little tractor along the floor going "Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmm." It is pretty cute. A couple of days earlier I had taken him to my parent's house to watch some fireworks with my nephew who was here from Nampa. Brody watched them with a painfully bored expression on his face. He really didn't seem to care for them one way or the other unless they made that high pitch screeching noise some of them make. Then he tried to crawl up my chest and hide in my hair. We really didn't do much for the holiday. Mostly stayed at home and tried to stay cool. Had a BBQ later that evening with my family and was home and getting ready for bed before the fireworks had even started. We are so boring sometimes. It is hard to stay up late though when you have to wake up so early. Especially for Jer who has to get up about 5:00 every morning. The only nights I stay up late are those nights when I have to work.

No comments: